- Where: Wassenberg Art Center and Central Avenue, Van Wert OH 45891
- Dates: Saturday July 9, Town Creek Live event 3 p.m. – midnight
- Cost: Free Entry
- Contact: 419-238-6837 or email@example.com. Hope Wallace, executive director, firstname.lastname@example.org
VAN WERT – The Wassenberg Art Center and Main Street Van Wert will host its 2nd Annual Town Creek Live (formerly Eats on the Streets) festival and will feature:
- Eleven (yes, eleven) gourmet food trucks
- a duck “derpy” with cash prizes (up to $1,000)
- outdoor bands: Dan Smythe Ban of Fort Wayne, The Holbrook Brothers Band of Montpelier and local DJ Real Human Robot
- indoor bands: Sam Dell, Bryan and Aubrey Gebert, Van Wert
- street performers and buskers including Pyroscope of Fort Wayne
- a magician and caricaturist
- art activities for children
- an outdoor pop-up art exhibit
There will also be an interactive art exhibit entitled “Get in the Swing” with functional artist decorated swings hanging from the Wassenberg Art Center’s gallery and walls. Swings will be sold via silent auction and the winning swing, determined by popular vote will be installed on the Wassenberg Art Center grounds and the artist will receive $200.
Beer, wine and other spirits will be available during the event on the art center grounds.
The Second Annual Duck “Derpy” will launch at 6:15 p.m. Ducks can be purchased at the Wassenberg Art Center, Straley Realty, Main Street Van Wert, Open Minded, and Ink Again until 5 p.m. on the day of the event.
A portion of the duck derby proceeds will be donated to The Recking Crew, a local high school athletic booster club. Event sponsors are Braun Ambulance; Harvest the Wind, Long Prairie Wind, NWO Beverage, Van Wert County Commissioners and the Van Wert County Foundation.