LIMA – In just four short years, NOW Marketing Group has grown their Social Media Week Lima from a small online conference to a jam-packed two-day conference with speakers arriving from around the United States.
Beginning in 2012, Social Media Week Lima has celebrated social media while educating local businesses on social media best practices. The conference serves to help businesses grow using the power of social media by putting the power into their hands.
“Our focus has always been to offer attendees the best value, so they can keep up with what’s happening in social media marketing — without needing to drive far from home,” said Jessika Phillips, Founder and President of NOW Marketing. “We believe that everyone should be able to harness the power of relationship marketing through social media, and that’s why we’ve organized the conference.”
The conference has grown from 20 attendees to more than 150, with speakers arriving from out of state to present on topics like Facebook, email marketing, and more.
Through the years, NOW has celebrated Social Media Week Lima with community events, viral videos, and tweet chats.
This year, Social Media Week is poised to be the biggest conference yet, with a full line-up of community events and social media training sessions. Attendees will learn from community and marketing leaders, including keynote speaker Mike Gingerich, Nate Riggs, Dr. John Bennett, Dr. Mann, and more.
“We are bringing in the very best this area has to offer – our attendees will be learning a lot about how to put social media to work so that they can grow their online audiences,” Phillips said.
The focus for this year is preparing businesses for the future, with the kick-off session lead by Phillips. She will be explaining how businesses need to change their practices for the year 2020, based on what customers are expecting from them. Attendees will learn the three steps they need to know to delight their customers.
Other topics attendees will learn about include how to target Millennials, recent shifts in social media, and how to use all the different platforms to grow their business.
The conference kicks off on Wednesday, with a full conference day. Thursday’s agenda features hands-on training sessions so that attendees can put newly learned skills into action. The conference is located at the Howard Johnson Inn Lima, 1920 Roschman Avenue. Registration begins at 7 a.m. on Wednesday. For more information, visit sociallima.com.
Social Media Week Lima Conference Schedule:
Wednesday, June 22
- 8 a.m. Preparing your business for 2020 – Jessika Phillips
- 9 a.m. How to Gain Buy-In from Millennials – Dr. Susan Mann
- 10 a.m. The Shift in Social Media: What Matters Today – Mike Gingerich
- 11 a.m. How to turn your goals into action steps in your business – Dr. John Bennett
- 1 p.m. Incasting: Why Small Businesses Must Think and Act Like Production Companies (and How to Do It) – Nate Riggs
- 2 p.m. How to Use Facebook Notes and Facebook Instant Articles – Christian Karasiewicz
- 3 p.m. The Power of the Inbox: Tips and Tricks for Successful Email Marketing – April Woodcock
- 4 p.m. How to dramatically grow your Facebook reach with $1 a day – Lindsey Evans
Thursday, June 23
- 8 a.m. The secrets of delight in creating your marketing army – Jessika Phillips
- 9 a.m. How to use Twitter for customer service – Terence Keaser
- 10 a.m. 5 Ways to incorporate more video in your marketing – John Flanagan II
- 11 a.m. Learn how to get Past the LinkedIn Gatekeeper – Jessika Phillips
- 2 p.m. Learn what Everyone is Blabbing about with Blab – Jessika Phillips
- 3 p.m. How to be Successful on Instagram & Snapchat – Terence Keaser and Brian Williams
- 4 p.m. Preparing your Best on Pinterest – Jessika Phillips