LIMA – The next four-week session of the Lima City Schools’ parent leadership program will begin the first week of October.
The district is currently signing parents up for the Leaders for Spartan Success program. The sessions are held once a week for four weeks.
Topics to be included are creating confident kids, effective communication, discipline practice and success. The sessions are designed to help parents get children to follow family rules, reduce family stress and frustration, and to give parents tools to help their child find success.
This is the third year of the program that stemmed from initial Parenting Partners’ training given to staff and parents. The training was conducted by Family Leadership Inc., headquartered in California.
Workshop participants learned and practiced how to present to others and then conducted the parent sessions. The sessions are aimed to build parenting skills, show parents how to successfully partner with schools and to create a sustainable team of positive parent leaders.
The program will be offered at Freedom, Heritage, Independence and Unity elementary schools, Liberty Arts Magnet School, South Science and Technology Magnet School, and Lima North Middle School.
Below are the session times and contact information:
- Freedom: 3 to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27.
- Contact: Angela Meyer, 419-996-3563.
- Heritage: 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27.
- Contact: Liz Smith, 419-996-3704.
- Independence: 1:15 to 2:30 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 3, 10, 17 and 24.
- Contact: Sara Bowsher, 419-996-3794.
- Unity: 9 to 10:15 a.m. Mondays, Oct. 3, 10, 17 and 24.
- Contact: Sarah Zeller, 419-996-3644.
- Liberty Arts Magnet: 8:15 to 9:45 a.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 4, 11, 18 and 25.
- Contact: Shelly Williams, 419-996-3615.
- South Science and Technology Magnet: 8:15 to 9:45 a.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26.
- Contact: Heather Allison, 419-996-3236.
- North Middle School: 8 to 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26.
- Contact: Yvonne Jones, 419-996-3269.
Any parent in the Lima City Schools is welcome to attend whichever site best works for them. For additional information, contact Parent Liaison Shelly Williams at 419-996-3615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.