- What: Business Olympics
- When: Thursday, September 22 at 5 p.m.
- Where: Lima YMCA, 345 S. Elizabeth St.
- Why: Learn tips to have a healthier workplace & earn bragging rights by taking home the Gold
- Cost: $100 includes training e-mails, a t-shirt for each registered teammate and paid entry into the Olympics
- Registration: deadline is Thursday. Register now »
LIMA – It’s an excuse to get together with co-workers outside the office for a night of fun, laughter and exciting team-building activities centered around health and wellness.
And that’s exactly what you’ll get at the Lima Chamber’s first annual Business Olympics.
The event has teams of four to six people (must have two boys and two girls) competing against other area businesses in a variety of fitness challenges and mind games.
Lima Chamber Business Olympic events include:
- Bike Relay: be the team that travels the furthest on a bike in five minutes
- Basketball Hot Shot: make the most baskets in 90 seconds
- Wellness Trivia: what does your team know about wellness in the workplace and at home?
- Tic Tac Toe Run Relay: need to be quick with your feet as well as your mind – like tic tac toe, best 2 out of 3 wins!
- Tug of War: be the team that pulls all the other teams down or across the middle
- Obstacle Course: grand finale and will be revealed to all teams at once!
Gold is awarded in each category. However, the ultimate goal (bragging rights) is to win overall Gold.
Workplace wellness experts from the West Central Ohio Regional Healthcare Alliance (WCORHA), Activate Allen County, and the Lima YMCA will be on-site to help with the wellness trivia and provide tips to competitors. They, along with other local experts and sponsors like Lost Creek Chiropractic, have been sending training tips via e-mail and social media to help teams prepare for the challenges of the days events.
The goal is for teams to utilize this knowledge not just at the event, but to implement their own wellness program within their organization.
“Schedules are tight. We understand that. But we think by coming together and learning as a group and as a team, people can go back to their office and encourage one another to be more healthy and active during the workday,” said Adah Ellerbrock, Director of Programs at Lima/Allen County Chamber of Commerce.
The event is Thursday, Sept. 22 at 5 p.m. Games will take place rain or shine either entirely inside or inside and outside at 345 South Elizabeth Street.
The registration deadline is Thursday. The cost is $100 and includes training e-mails, a t-shirt for each registered teammate and paid entry into the Olympics. Register now »
For additional information, call Adah Ellerbrock at 419-222-6045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org