Planning underway for 2016 fundraising game aiming to end heart disease
LIMA – It’s time to sign up your team for the annual HeartChase Lima, a family-friendly amazing race that benefits the American Heart Association.
This year’s community adventure game, presented by St. Rita’s Health Partners and Tuttle Construction, is on Saturday, Sept. 17, in downtown Lima.
The innovative, smartphone-based game brings smalls teams on a race through town to complete a series of checkpoints where they learn heart healthy information and score points to compete for the win.
Games test knowledge and skills related to physical fitness, nutrition or CPR.
Teams consisting of two to five members armed with smartphones and the downloaded HeartChase mobile game app (for iPhone; for Android) will proceed through 10 checkpoints, carrying out different activities and challenges.
The team with the most points wins the competition.
The event gets underway with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. The chase start time is 10 a.m.
HeartChase Lima FAQ
- How can I start a team?
- To start your team of two-five people, click here.
- How can I join a team already registered?
- To join an existing team, click here.
- How much does it cost to particpate?
- How can I donate to a team? What about to just one person participating?
- To make a donation to your favorite team or to make a donation to a single player, click here.
- Can I participate with my business, family or friends?
- Of course! That’s what the game is all about. Parents can participate with their children, employees with their co-workers, friends, family and neighbors with each other.
- How do I sign up to be a volunteer?
- To sign up to volunteer the day of the event, click here.
Still have questions? Watch the video below and visit the HeartChase Lima website.