Please notice: the library is closed for Labor Day on Sept. 5. Due dates are adjusted accordingly. Have a safe and happy holiday.
- Registration for Fall Storytime opens on Sept. 1! Visit the library or call 419-358-5016 to register your 3-5 year old child. After registration, sessions begin on Mondays at 6:30 p.m. (starting Sept. 12) or Tuesdays at 10 a.m. (starting Sept. 13). For more information visit our website or email email@example.com. Please note that space are limited for this program.
- The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writer’s Group meets on Sept. 1 at 6 p.m. Interested in writing Sci-Fi or Fantasy? There’s still room for you to join this monthly group! During each session, members vote on a prompt to write and share at the next meeting, and provide feedback for someone in the group (whose work is submitted before the meeting). If you are interested in joining, please email Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “The Golden Fleece” Yarn Group will meet on the library’s main floor on Sept. 1, 15, and 29, all at 6 p.m. This relatively new group is a place where needle crafters of all techniques and levels may gather to learn new techniques, share wisdom, and be supportive of one another! This group hopes to develop further to be able to promote community involvement and to do projects for charity. Everyone is welcome! Email email@example.com for more information or simply show up during a meeting (no registration necessary).
- Come “Paws 2 Read” with Teddy the therapy dog on Sept. 3 and 17, both at 10 a.m.! Teddy loves hearing stories or just getting a friendly cuddle. This program supports literacy, the humane treatment of animals, and healthy stress relief practices. No registration required.
- The Dulcimers @ the Library continue to meet on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m., and Jammin’ @ the Library takes place at 6 p.m. on Sept. 12 and Sept. 26.
- Chill Zone is back! Chill Zone will meet on Wednesdays in September at 3:30 p.m. This is a designated meeting time for community teens and tweens (6th through 12th grade) to have a safe space to talk, snack, play games, watch movies, and make crafts.
- Gardeners of the Bluffton/Pandora Area continues to use the library as its meeting space on Sept. 6 at 6:30 p.m. Come to a meeting for more information on how to join.
- The library’s Adult Book Discussion group will meet Sept. 7 at 12 p.m. to discuss Anthony Doerr’s All the Light We Cannot See. Need more time to read and prepare? Join us for the October 5 book discussion on At the Water’s Edge by Sara Gruen. This discussion group is always looking for new members, but registration is required. Please call 419-358-5016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Yoga Fit(c) by BFR begins again on Sept. 7 at 6:30 p.m. on the library lower level and continues every Wednesday. To register and pay your membership fee, contact Bluffton Family Recreation.
- Author Visit and Book Signing with Kathy Burrus, author of Lovely Traces of Hope will be held on Sept. 8 at 6 p.m. Kathy will share the touching inspirational story behind her new book and answer questions. She will have books available for purchase for $12.99; cash only, please.
- The Teen Volunteers will have a meeting Sept. 14 at 4 p.m. If you are interested in becoming a teen volunteer, please fill out the application located online or in the library. For more information contact email@example.com.
- The Quarry Farm presents Living Side by Side on Sept. 15 at 6 p.m. in the lower level meeting room. Registration is required. This family-friendly event will include a photographic meeting with those wild animals that hide under the porch, fly overhead, and go bump in the night, as well as a face-to-face encounter with one or more of them and one of their farm friends!
- Also – mark your calendars for A Guided Hike @ The Quarry Farm on Saturday, October 8 at 10 a.m. (Oct. 22 rain date). Registration for the hike opens after the Living Side by Side event.
- Bluffton Public Library is proud to present its second annual Adult Spelling Bee on Sept. 20 at 6:30 p.m. This fun competition promotes community literacy and features several prizes for participants to win, including a cash grand prize. The fee to register is four dollars, and half of this fee will go towards the cash grand prize while the other half will act as a fundraiser for educational programs and services within the library. To compete, please stop by our front desk to fill out a registration form and pick up your study pamphlet. Competitors must be over 13 years of age, and must register by Saturday. Sept. 17. This year the library is excited to feature a guest MC (Elizabeth Hostetler, Library Board President) and professional photography by Elysian Fields Photography.
- The Friends of the Library Fall Book Sale is Sept. 21-24 this year.The Friends of the Library Book Sale begins Sept. 21 at 5:30 p.m. and continues daily from 9:30 a.m.until 7:45 p.m., closing Saturday, Sept. 24 at 1:30 p.m. Not a member of the Friends of the Bluffton Public Library? It’s easy to become one! Bring $5 and fill out a simple membership form, and you’re in! As a member, you will support your library, help plan events, and better your community!
- Babies Love Books Storytime starts on Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. Join us for a special time of stories, movement and song for babies and toddlers (birth-3 years) to promote language and motor development. All children must be accompanied by a parent or child care provider who will also participate in the program. No registration is necessary.
- Children grades K-5 are welcome to Make Japanese Fans with Ayane Hida, of Findlay’s Mazza Museum, on Sept. 22 at 6 p.m. Participants will walk away with their own functioning fan craft and some knowledge of Japanese culture! Registration is required for this event and children grades K-2 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All are welcome at the library’s “Farmer’s Market Storytime” at the Bluffton Farmer’s Market on Sept. 24 at 9 a.m.! No registration required. Bluffton’s Farmers’ Market takes place in the Citizens National Bank parking lot on South Main Street, Bluffton, Ohio.
- The Gluten Free and Food Allergy Support Group continues to meet at the library Sept. 26 at 6 p.m. Come to any meeting to join.
- Defend your right to read and check out a banned book from our monthly book display celebrating Banned Book Week, Sept. 25-Oct. 1! The library will also exhibit a community display from the local Gluten Free and Food Allergy Support Group.